Translate

Celebration Baltimore's Only African American Book Festival

Dedicated to African American Literature

Popular Posts

Get to Know Kendall Banks


Kendall Banks, Executive Assistant by day, writer by night is the proud author of Rich Girls, One Night Stand, and Another One Stand. She originally hails from Atlanta, Georgia and presently resides in Washington, D.C. Her long time goal was to produce movies, however after writing her first movie script and failing, she turned it into a manuscript and submitted it to LCB, and as the saying goes the rest is history! She spends most of her time learning the movie business in hopes of giving her screenplays another shot. Her newest title, Welfare Grind will release in April 2012.


1. Tell us about the current project readers can expect at the Baltimore Urban Book Festival?
KB: Welfare Grind will be my recent release, it’s the book everyone is talking about where Erica Mena from Love and Hip Hop is on the cover. And…let me stop you there. No, the book is not about her.  It’s a sexy urban tale that’s hits home for readers that are constantly on the grind. Keema is a go hard, no nonsense get money chick. No matter what, this chick WILL remain on top.  I gotta tell you…this book is crazier than anything I have ever written.

2.When interacting with your readers, what are questions you hope they may ask you?
 KB: I would love for readers to ask me where I get this nonsense from.  When I create my stories I become another person, someone I don’t even know. The characters and events I create always remain in the minds of my readers. I would also love for them to ask me am I the main character in One Night Stand who refuses to face the fact that every man she sleeps with doesn’t want to marry her the next month. LOL
    
3. Within the past year what have you enjoyed about being an author?
KB:I have enjoyed interacting with my fans on social media. It has given me a chance to reach out and talk to individuals I wouldn’t normally get to talk. It’s fun seeing what they have to say and reading their comments about my books.

4. During the festival what are you hoping to experience?
KB: I’m hoping to create new and lasting relationships with other fans and authors and to pick up some titles from other authors too. I love to support my fellow authors by actually PURCHASING their books. Hint. (smile)

5. What is your next project readers will see from you that will release after this year’s event?
 KB: I don’t have any other books set for release in 2012. I am currently working on revising the screenplay to One Night Stand. There’s a deal on the table for a “straight to DVD” movie.  My next novel ( untitled) will be released in  February 2013.





Synopsis:
Cold-hearted Keema takes the world by storm as she navigates her way through every trick and scam she can pull off. With four kids in tow, living off the welfare system had become her life along with the extra cash, sex and violence her gangsta boyfriend Dupree brought into her life. Soon, chaos erupts, causing Keema's secret past to become a problem. When the chips fall, they fall hard, leaving Keema willing to do whatever it takes to keep money in her pocket. She's willing to go that extra mile, even if it means selling her kids, or setting up her man.


Find the author at:
Site- http://www.lifechangingbooks.net/
Face Book- Kendall Banks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons