Translate

Celebration Baltimore's Only African American Book Festival

Dedicated to African American Literature

Popular Posts

Get to know J Tremble




 J.  Tremble is a product of the Washington DC public school system. He graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School, and received his B.A. in Psychology in 1993 and his Masters in Elementary Education  in 1999. He has worked the last ten years as a proud, sixth grade math teacher . Jay is a loving father, devoted husband, and active participant in his community, who also works with foster care youth in an independent living program.Jay is a member of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, in  addition to being the author of  five best-selling novels, Secrets of a Housewife, More Secrets More Lies, Naughty Little Angel, My Man Her Son, and his latest release, Bedroom Gangsta. For more info on Jay Tremble visit- http://www.lifechangingbooks.net/
Get to Know J Tremble
Q. – Tell us about the current project readers can expect at the Baltimore Urban Book Festival?
 A. – Bedroom Gangsta is my newest project. It is a relationship story set in New Orleans. It tackles a reverse issue of an ancient old taboo. Seven is a beautiful ex-exotic dancer who is lured away from her profession by Bryce with the promise of marriage and a lifestyle of the rich and famous. When hard times fall onto the marriage, Seven wants to return to her old job but Bryce will not stand for it. Seven uses the love Bryce has for her to flip the table and come up with the scheme of pimping him out to pay the bills. Readers will take a look into relationship and wonder if love is strong enough to survive such an idea.


Q. – When interacting with your readers, what are questions you hope they may ask you?
 A. – I love those in-depth questions about the characters in my novels. The normal questions about me personally are okay but I love to drill down deep into the creation of my characters, the connection readers make with them, the little things readers remember about them and questions about why I wrote a character in one way as oppose to another are questions that really get me going.


Q. – Within the past year, what have you enjoyed about being an author?
 A. – I’ve enjoyed being back out with the public. Attending major book events, rubbing elbows with other veteran and novice authors, talking with readers and listening to their feedback has been wonderful. Also, having my earlier novels reintroduced into the new market of mass market was exciting. Going out shopping with my family and walking past a book shelf in a Walmart or Target and seeing my novels on the shelves have been exciting. My children run to the book shelves just to see if my books are there. They have huge smiles on their faces as they tell other shoppers that this is my daddy’s book, you should read it.

 Q. – During the festival, what are you hoping to experience?
 A. – I’m hoping to experience the sight of empty boxes because everyone has selected a J. Tremble novel to take home and read. Seriously, I’m hoping to have a lot of fun meeting new people, talking about my novels and future projects, making people smile and having discussions about what readers liked or didn’t like about any of my works.

 Q. – What is your next project readers will see from you that will release after this year’s event?
 A. – I’m working very hard on several different projects. Hopefully, the next novel will be the extension of the short story House of Sin that was published in Flexin –N- Sexin Vol. 2. I am also working on the return of Victoria from the Secrets of a Housewife and More Secrets – More Lies books. I’m finishing up several children books and working with illustrators at the moment. I’ve also been working with a screen writer to change over Secrets of a Housewife into a screen play. The future is bright and I’m rushing toward it with only a pair of sunglasses and my lap top.




Synopsis:Seven, a gorgeous, retired exotic dancer is fed up with her broke and boring lifestyle. The dreams promised by her husband, Bryce aren’t coming true, and Seven’s heart longs for the endless supply of cash she was forced to give up. When the bills aren’t getting paid and they soon face eviction, Seven wants to return to her old ways, but Bryce refuses. However, unbeknownst to him, Seven has a scheme up her sleeve that involves something he’d never expect. Once the money starts to flow, vows are eventually broken, and unconditional love gets put to the test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons